The distribution packages for McXtrace may be downloaded via http://downloads.mcxtrace.org
Installing McXtrace on Mac OS X
Once installed you may open the McXtrace-1.5.app from
/Applications. (On the first run, please right-click and choose
"open"). Depending on your version of Mac OS, you may have to
adjust security settings to allow "Apps from anywhere".
- Download the mcxtrace-1.5-macOS.tar.gz archive
- Unpack it and open the mcxtrace-1.5 folder in Finder
- Drag the McXtrace-1.5.app and the McXtrace-1.5-environment.command
to your /Applications folder
- Right-click and chose "open" on the
- PLEASE follow the on-screen instructions -
and repeat opening the script until after you have been offered to
take ownership of /usr/local!
- Optionally also run the Check-PL-dependencies.command script if
you want to have access to the Perl tools
To use your newly installed McXtrace from the terminal, either
- Use the McXtrace-1.5-environment.command shortcut from /Applications
- Issue the mcxtrace-1.5-environment command in a new terminal
- Use the File->Set as default menu point in the Python mxgui
Please report any trouble in using these instructions to email@example.com.
Last modified: Thu May 18 13:33:53 CEST 2017