McXtrace Installation on Mac OS X
The distribution packages for McXtrace may be downloaded via http://downloads.mcxtrace.org
Installing McXtrace on Mac OS X
- Download the mcxtrace-1.5-macOS.tar.gz archive
- Unpack it and open the mcxtrace-1.5 folder in Finder
- Drag the McXtrace-1.5.app and the McXtrace-1.5-environment.command
to your /Applications folder
- Right-click and chose "open" on the
- PLEASE follow the on-screen instructions -
and repeat opening the script until after you have been offered to
take ownership of /usr/local!
- Optionally also run the Check-PL-dependencies.command script if
you want to have access to the Perl tools
Once installed you may open the McXtrace-1.5.app from
/Applications. (On the first run, please right-click and choose
"open"). Depending on your version of Mac OS, you may have to
adjust security settings to allow "Apps from anywhere".
To use your newly installed McXtrace from the terminal, either
- Use the McXtrace-1.5-environment.command shortcut from /Applications
- Issue the mcxtrace-1.5-environment command in a new terminal
- Use the File->Set as default menu point in the Python mxgui
Please report any trouble in using these instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: Thu May 18 13:33:53 CEST 2017
Last Modified: Tuesday, 28-Apr-2020 11:56:58 CEST